Part of the process of investing in new carpet is choosing which type of carpet flooring you would like installed in your home. There are several different varieties of carpet as far as colors, fibers, and styles to choose. Here is a guide to help you determine which carpet style is right for you.
- Cut Pile – Cut pile carpet is known for its durability due to its fiber and density in the tufts along with the high amount of twists within the yarn. When it comes to carpet, the higher amount of twist, the more their shape is kept. This type of carpet is very suitable in high traffic areas. You can get cut pile carpet flooring in the following types; plush, textured plush, saxony, frieze, shag, and cable.
- Loop Pile – There are typically two types of loop pile carpet flooring; level loop pile and multi-level loop pile.
- Level Loop Pile – In this method, loops are made at the same height to give your carpet flooring a uniform look. You will typically see this style in a lighter color with dark flecks.
- Multi-Level Loop Pile – This method consists of multiple different loop heights to create dimensional patterns and durability.
- Cut-Loop Pile – When you see carpets with patterns such as swirls, squares, or chevrons, they are typically cut-loop pile carpets. Cut-loop pile is carpet made up of both cut and looped yarn that is great for concealing stains and soils.
We hope these descriptions will help you determine which carpet flooring is right for you. If you have any questions regarding carpet flooring or the services we provide, please contact us at Express Affordable Flooring today.