Among the many types and styles of flooring available, luxury vinyl plank flooring materials are quickly becoming quickly popular and for good reason. This flooring material is comfortable, durable, beautiful and relatively inexpensive. If you have been considering new flooring, our team at Express Affordable Flooring would like to help. Here are a few things you might consider when it comes to luxury vinyl plank flooring:
- Luxury vinyl planks are not like vinyl flooring of yesteryear. The luxury vinyl plank flooring is not like the vinyl sheeting of several years ago. Rather than a large sheet of garishly patterned materials, luxury vinyl planks are made to closely mimic natural materials.
- Your floors need to be level and smooth. Luxury vinyl plank flooring is not an overly thick material and relies on the subfloor for structure. Flooring needs to be level, smooth and clean before installation, or your feet will feel every little bump and divot.
- Leave time for your flooring materials to acclimate before installation. Before installation, your luxury vinyl plank flooring will need to acclimate to your space. This means allowing the material to sit inside your home for around 48 hours before install.
- Don’t forget the baseboards! Remove baseboards before installing luxury vinyl plank flooring. If you don’t want to remove the baseboards, you might consider installing quarter-round after installation.
- Make room for flooring. Moving furniture out of the way is essential for luxury vinyl plank flooring installation. Professional movers can assist you with this task if your furniture is large or cumbersome.
- Check material at different times of day in your home. Before deciding on your materials, place them in your desired location and check the coloring at different points throughout the day. This simple step can save you from floors that greatly change colors in different lights.
- Keep vinyl flooring clean with household materials. Luxury vinyl plank flooring doesn’t need special cleaners or materials- all you need is a mop or rag and a solution of water and dish soap! You can also add a dash of apple cider vinegar for a streak-free clean.
- Use floor protection when possible. While vinyl floors are incredibly durable, repeated scratching and gouging is possible with heavy furniture. Avoid dragging furniture across your floors, but instead opt for furniture protectors on the bases of chairs and tables. Additionally, lift your heavy furniture when moving it.
We hope that these tips have been helpful. Luxury vinyl plank flooring is a great option for most property owners, and we would like to help you enjoy this flooring material with a 10% discount. For more information, please contact us today!