One of the most classic flooring materials for modern homes is hardwood flooring. You might be considering replacing your outdated flooring with new hardwood floors, but you’re not quite sure about your decision. If this is the case, we at Express Affordable Flooring would love to help.
Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of hardwood flooring to help you decide if it’s the right flooring material for you.
Advantages of hardwood flooring:
- Highly durable: One of the main advantages of hardwood flooring is its durability. Most hardwood is designed to withstand the wear and tear of both kids and pets, so you can enjoy your floors for decades. You can even extend the lifespan of your floors by refinishing them every few years.
- Aesthetic value: Another popular advantage and reason to invest in hardwood floors is for the aesthetic and financial value it adds to your home. You can enjoy the beauty of the natural wood and use it as a key feature when selling your home.
- Allergen free: Unlike carpet and other types of flooring, hardwood flooring doesn’t harbor any allergens like dust or pollen. In fact, if any dirt or dust does start to build up, you can simply sweep it away without an issue.
Disadvantages of hardwood flooring:
- Easily scratched: It is true that your hardwood flooring could get scratched or dinged, but that can be easily resolved with some polyurethane to make your floor look as good as new.
- Susceptible to moisture: You probably shouldn’t put hardwood flooring in the bathroom, as it can be damaged by water. But it works well in many other areas of your home.
- Big investment: It’s also true that hardwood flooring can be pricier than many other flooring options, but the value it adds to your home along with the durability and extensive lifespan of these floors make the investment worth it.
Contact us today if you would like to learn more about hardwood flooring. We’d be happy to help you install this beautiful material in your home.