As it says in our name, we at Express Affordable Flooring are experts in all things flooring. We offer a wide variety of high-quality flooring options in a range of different materials. Of course, each of these materials comes with its own pros and cons, so it’s important to consider your choices carefully in order to select the best option for your needs. In this article, we will focus on laminate flooring, going over its pros and cons to help you decide if it’s right for you.
- Low Cost – Laminate flooring is one of the most affordable options on the market, with many great options costing no more than $3 per square foot.
- Ease of Installation – This type of flooring is one of the easiest to install, so much so that even if you hire professionals to do it, that service shouldn’t cost you more than $5 per square foot.
- Ease of Maintenance – Laminate is very easy to clean and maintain, requiring nothing more than a regular pass with a broom or vacuum in order to stay pristine.
- Design Flexibility – Laminate flooring is highly flexible in terms of design, as it can be made to faithfully reproduce the look of wood, stone, and other natural materials.
- Moisture Damage – Like natural wood, laminate flooring can be susceptible to moisture damage.
- Noise – Laminate floors may be pretty noisy underfoot, as the planks shift and creak.